My sister introduced me to sweet potato fries several years ago, and now they are one of my favorite side dish/desserts. If you’ve eaten these little treasures, you know they definitely fit into both categories. So when your sweet tooth is aching, sweet taters are here to save the day. Luckily for me, our CSA box (community supported agriculture) included sweet potatoes this week. As you may or may not know, I have taken to picking my favorite item from our CSA box every week to share here on my blog in the hopes that everyone will decide to buy from local farms.
Sweet potatoes are really simple to cook into something delicious.
- Bake them and top with butter and cinnamon
- Bake them and top with brown sugar
- Make sweet potato and black bean tacos
- Cut them up and make sweet potato fries
This week, we opted for the latter – sweet potato fries! And it’s super simple.
- Cut the potatoes into “fries” (click the link if you need help with this)
- Lightly coat with olive oil and salt
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (flip them halfway through)
We like to dip the fries in honey mustard. You can make your own by combining 1 part yellow mustard, 1 part mayonnaise, 2 parts honey. We used raw honey this time around and it was amazing.
Who’s your farmer? Click here for more information about CSA’s and find your own local farm!